When a person first lays their eyes on a home in most cases it is the siding that pops into their vision first. Whether its vinyl, composite, or fiber cement; new siding is a great way to instantly enhance your home's curb appeal. In recent years, fiber-cement siding has become one of the hottest products on the market. It offers the benefits of wood without the hassle of maintenance. For example, fiber cement has the following attributes that make it an ideal material for siding:
- Weathers better than wood
- Highly durable and resistant to minor impact
- Rot resistant
- Impervious to termites
- Resistant to warping and shrinkage
- Real woodgrain look and feel
- Easily painted
- Easily maintained
- Environmentally friendly
Due to increased public awareness of green house gases and environmental degradation, a majority of people are wanting new products to be more environmentally friendly or "green". Fiber cement fits the "green" category in several ways:
- It contains no petroleum byproducts: Therefore there are no harmful emissions given off during its manufacture.
- Due to its compostion there is no "off-gassing" when waste pieces decompose in the soil.
- Insulation: due to its very composite nature and sealing qualities, fiber cement adds to the efficiency of the home leading to decreased heating requirements.